About the Talent
Member since 4/4/21
Languages spoken : French
Mothertongue : English
After having caught the wine bug over twenty years ago whilst on a trip to South Africa, I returned to the UK to embark on a career as a Sommelier which took me from my native Cornwall to Berkshire, then on to London, France, the Maldives and Dubai.
My résumé includes hotels belonging to Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Sir Peter Michael and Alain Ducasse. Whilst in Dubai I was Regional Sommelier for the luxury hotel group One&Only, building wine programs for Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant and Nobu in One&Only Cape Town and across twenty outlets combined of the luxury resorts One&Only Royal Mirage and One&Only Reethi Rah. I have also worked for prominent Californian wine producer Jackson Family Wines, for MMI Dubai as Fine Wine Category Manager and as Senior Beverage Advisor to Emirates Airline.
I am an Advanced Sommelier with the Court of Master Sommeliers, a Certified Educator and Diploma holder with the Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) and currently deliver the WSET Awards in Wines levels 1-3 at my wine school 'From Grapes to Glass'.
MEET STEPHEN, A RENOWNED SOMMELIER, TO LEARN HOW TO TASTE WINE!
This experience will gather 9 people maximum and will last 2.00 hours. The masterclass location is at One&Only Royal Mirage Hotel.
I am one of Dubai's most accomplished Sommeliers. We will learn together how to taste wine, along with the fundamentals of pairing food and wine.
You will learn how to assess a wine's quality based on its appearance, smell and taste whilst being led through a tutored tasting of 6 diverse wines from some of the world's major wine regions.
This will be followed by a workshop using various elements of taste, (salt, acidity, bitterness, sweetness, umami) exploring how the food you eat impacts the perception of the wine in your glass.
Next 2 availabilities
Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
AED395 per participant
Thursday, June 24, 2021 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
AED395 per participant
Cancellation policy: Strict
• If the explorer cancels more than 7 day(s) before the start of the booking , he is refunded 100 % of the amount paid
• If the explorer cancels less than 7 day(s) before the start of the booking , he is refunded 70 % of the amount paid
Rules and conditions
- 21 years old minimum age required for this experience.
- Please reserve this experience more than 48 Hours before the session starts for a smooth booking process.
- Workshop compliant with social distancing rules.
- Minimum number of attendees is 4 people, should the minimum number not be reached within 24 hours before the event, it will be cancelled and a full refund offered.