About the Talent
Member since 5/28/20
Languages spoken : English, German
Mothertongue : French
"The scuba diver dives to look around, the freediver dives to look inside." (Umberto Pelizzari)
My name is Jean, Frenchman born in Switzerland travelling the world to discover the ocean and its depth.
I discovered freediving as a kid, when I lived in Conakry, Guinea. After freediving for 10 years in the U.A.E, I became a freediving instructor with SSI (Scuba Schools International).
Eager to discover more about freediving, I gathered experience all over the world, learning and exchanging with renowned Freedivers.
In addition to the above, in early 2021, I became First aid & CPR instructor (SSI React Right emergency responder program).
I am keen on sharing my passion and take you on a safe, fun and breath-taking adventure.
Ready to hold your breath under water for 2 minutes, or dive down to 5m? You do not believe it?
Come and try it because you are definitely able to make it during this discovery!
MEET WITH JEAN, A FREE DIVER, AND CONNECT WITH WATER LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
This experience will gather 4 people maximum and will last 2 hours. The location is on the beach in Jumeirah, next to La Mer.
Holding your breath is natural, contrary to popular belief. In apnea, you merge and become one with the aquatic environment through your diving reflex, literally like a dolphin.
Discover how your body is made to hold its breath, learn to concentrate, control your breathing and heart rate to enjoy freediving and perform, and approach everyday situations with a new mind.
The proposed activity is to discover the fundamentals of breath hold.
The day of the experience, we will meet on the beach, and start with understanding the proper breathing techniques. After that, we'll go in the water to practice right away! First static apnea, where you hold your breath on the surface, then we'll dive to 5m so you can feel the essence of freediving.
The gear needed for this experience is mask, snorkel and fins. If you do not have your own gear, it is possible to rent the full kit for an additional AED 50. Just let me know when you make the booking in the window note and I will bring them for you. You will directly hand over the cash to me when we meet.
After this first experience, it is possible to continue your career as a free diver with more advanced courses and levels if you want to!
Looking forward to meeting you and starting your freediving path.
Cancellation policy: Flexible
• If the explorer cancels more than 2 day(s) before the start of the booking, he is refunded 100 % of the amount paid
• If the explorer cancels less than 2 day(s) before the start of the booking , he is refunded 90 % of the amount paid
Rules and conditions
- Minimum age is 12 years old.
- No minimum number of participants (even though I suggest to come in pairs to understand the importance of the diving buddy).
- No fitness pre-requisite except being able to swim.
- Please reserve this experience more than 48 Hours before the session starts for a smooth booking process.
- Workshop compliant with social distancing rules.
- Please note that if the experience was canceled due to the weather, we will rebook for a later date.
- It is possible to schedule the experience as per your availability.